Difference between revisions of "SHA2017"
m (→bringing stuff: unnumbered list instead of numbered list..)
(Featured because why not)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 16:14, 23 February 2017
|Start time:||Note: The 4th of August is the day that SHA2017 actually starts but some volunteers go earlier to help set up.|
|Location:|| The Netherlands
"The location is the Scoutinglandgoed in Zeewolde, 55km east of Amsterdam."
|Fee:|| Standard ticket: €250,-
Parking ticket: €42,-
|Short description:||S.H.A. 2017. Successor of OHM2013.|
Like many other hackerspaces, some of us (ACKspace) are also going to attend this conference. It would be awesome to attend the conference as Village:ACKspace.
Some people wish to go earlier then the 4th of August and may want to leave later then the 8th. To make traveling and hauling stuff easier it's probably best if people 'try' to sync their dates. See 'travel plan' and 'bringing stuff' for more info.
|Name||Attending date||Leaving date||Can drive||Has car|
|Prodigity||Flexible, but not later then the 4th||Flexible, but not earlier then the 8th||Yes||Not sure yet, will update..|
Parking tickets and gas are expensive so carpooling or public transport seem like the way to go.
There will be a shuttling service from Nijkerk station to the SHA2017 terrain but I'm under the impression that the service will only run from the 4th till the 8th and thus not be of use to people who might want to go earlier / later to help with setting up and breaking down stuff.
Google maps shows that walking from the train station to the SHA terrain could take up to 2 hours which is probably not a fun experience when you're carrying four days worth of camping stuff + random crap.
Seeing as a lot of people went to OHM early I'm going to 'conclude' that carpooling would probably be the best way to travel.
We need to bring stuff.. only not as much stuff as we had with us during OHM because that was full retard and you should never go full retard..
- A big tent, the one we had @OHM was very nice but it wasn't ours unfortunately and our own party tent died before I even set foot on the terrain... Can we do better this year? :')
- Fridge was very handy, though we do need a big waterproof tent to house it.
- Chairs and tables are available for rent at the event for the modest price of €2,50 and €15,- respectively.
- Power extension cords
- WiFi router and some network cables
- Club-mate and survival food so we don't immediately need to go shopping day 1
- Kettle for coffee, tea, noodles and other food/drink stuff
- .. coffee, tea, noodles and other food/drink stuff ;)
I quickly conjured up this list so feel free to add stuff if I left something out. (Which I undoubtedly have!)