From Hackerspace ACKspace
Welcome to ACKspace; a hackerspace located in Heerlen, The Netherlands.
A hackerspace is a place where people get together, socialize, share knowledge, tinker and build stuff.
In order to make this possible we have a collection of tools, (useful) stuff, work area and a lounge where we can relax and discuss our favorite games.
Lijst van benodigdheden:
- Vernachelbout (voor plastic smelten etc.)
- Whiteboard 60 x 90 cm (moar!!)
Klosjes rood en zwart montagedraad (0.22mm² ofzo)
Voedingsstekker barrel 2.1mm
|Event: Main Page|
|Short description:||The opening party of our new space|
Since we are now settled in our new space, it's time for an official opening party.
Because it's always busy in January/the first weeks of the new year, it's probably the best option to organise this party somewhere mid/end February or the beginning of March.
Another option would be to wait until the weekend of 1 April, since the ACKspace 1.0 opening party was held at 2 April 2011. So then we could combine it with our fourth anniversary.
A mail to discuss this and probably a "datumprikker" will be sent to the mailinglist.Datumprikker here.
|Project: Main Page|
|Description||Help ACKspace have a working 3D printer again!|
To make sure we can have a 3D printing workshop, we need a working printer.
Vicarious made a start by visiting a hands-on build-your-own 3D printer, but the parts need to be completed or improved.
Roelke invested a lot of time and approximately €100.- to get to the point where we are now: The printer is working; software has been installed on the (open) lab-pc, the settings have been tuned and the board has been calibrated, and we have light blue and black(?) filament (and a little bit of red for Vicarious' flashlight cone).
To be able to work with the printer, one needs to know how to calibrate and grease it. Roelke is planning to give a first hands-on somewhere near Dec 20th, and will do a quick glance over it somewhere the week after.
You can help with this project by donating a small amount of money so we are able to buy supplies and components to get the 3D printer working again. The idea is: if you donate to the printer, the printer will give you a 3D thank you souvenir. Note that this idea needs some work.
The following people donated (in the hope to receive a printed thank you gift):
|Project: Main Page|
|Members||Prodigity, Da Syntax|
|Description||Playing around with cheap wifi modules|
To make the ESP8266 more accessible to everyone I have created a "programmer" which allows for easy firmware uploading and communication with the module.
Behold, the ESP^2 (esp egg salad programmer).
More info to follow soon..
loading scripts from a webserver
I (Da Syntax) got tired from typing the scripts line for line into the lua console of the nodeMCU firmware. I wrote a little function to load the scripts from a webserver running on my laptop. This way I can just save the script on my laptop and load it to my ESP8266 calling 2 functions ( netload() and dofile("netloaded.lua") )
function netload() conn=net.createConnection(net.TCP, 0) conn:on("receive", function(conn, payload) print(payload) file.open("netloaded.lua", "w") file.write(payload) file.close() end) conn:connect(8080,"192.168.1.193") conn:send("GET /test.lua HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: www.example.com\r\n" .."Connection: keep-alive\r\nAccept: */*\r\n\r\n") end
- Send mac address of the wifi module in get so the web server can return device specific firmwares
- Put the script between specific tags so there won't be any problems with headers that are added by the web server + gives the possibility to add meta data (e.g. version of script or a signature)
- Create a nice php/mysql webapp to easily manage the scripts per module
|Project: Main Page|
|Members||PsychiC, Da Syntax|
|Description||The ACKspace arcade. Game on!|
We have an arcade cabinet!
Now, the problem is, it doesn't work, (or worse, nobody knows its state). Everybody knows gaming can be a stress relief, so when visiting ACKspace for some social gathering or relaxing, one might recognize value in a working arcade cabinet.
Get the arcade cabinet fully working again. Choose the path of least resistance for maximum profit.
Xopr really wants to see the ACKade working, so here is the challenge:
- working computersystem (including monitor and buttons)
- at least three platforms/emulators working (for example, mame, C64, NES/famicon)
- for each working platform, have at least three games working
- activity will be measured by wiki updates in a yet to be determined (involving number of edits, word count and technical backing of the information)
The prizes are:
- identify the current hardware (system, buttons, screen)
- try and quick-fix the hardware
- determine hardware upgrades
- determine software (emulators, shells)
- stretch item: determine add-ons (html5 games, external [multiplayer] controllers)
PsychiC found the PC and missing joystick...
PC Specifications :
- ECS/Foxonn MCP61PM-AM HT2000 (Docs refer to the -AM as a Gateway Brand OEM Board)
- AM2 Socket
- 4x DIMM
- Integrated Realtek ALC888S Audio
- AMD Athlon(tm) 62 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ 2.40GHz
- 4x 1GB RAM, total 4GB
- NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS Dedicated Card
- Seagate 120GB SATA HDD
- Samsung DVD writer
- Unknown brand Multi-Card Reader
- MS-Tech 550@ Power Supply
- OEM Case MiniATX , labelled "boXXed".
Arcade cabinet specifications :
- Black cabinet with red stripes , labelled "Royal Video:
- 4-axis joystick (1 per player)
- 3 square buttons (3 per player)
- 1 buttons seems to be missing
- 2 rectangular buttons (start/select)
- 2 round buttons (below 2nd player controls for credits, nr of player)
- 19" CRT Screen, 1280x1024 60HZ
- Stereo speakers in top
Controller specifications :
- Arduino Mega 2650 rev 1
- 2 Slots for tokens/coins
hardware needs to be identified first
It would be cool to add extra controllers (read: jump pads) to the arcade. Connections need to be flexible and firm.
This also needs a way to run html5 games, which means: run a full OS with a modern browser (webkit/gecko) which includes native hardware acceleration.
Visiting address: "carbon6"
6412 CN Heerlen