|GitHub||No GitHub project defined. Add your project here.|
|Description||The multi-boot workhorse of the hackerspace!|
Since there is no powerful generic machine at the space, I was tempted to score a old workstation with a lot of horsepower that we can use as generic machine. I am buying the machine before the end of June. Small edit: we got a slightly newer machine, socket 1366 rather than the planned 771 machine.
The system will have a Linux-Windows dual boot and is general purpose. The PC is connected to fuse group B.
- Model: Dell Precision T7500
- Processor: Intel Xeon X5660 6core 2.8Ghz (boost up to 3.2 on one core) Hyperthreading
- Chipset: Intel 5520
- Memory: Memory support: Triple channel DDR3 ECC Unbuffered or Registered
- Memory Installed: DDR3 ECC 12GB
- Harddisk: 2TB * 2
- Optical: DVD DVD
- Network: Integrated Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Ethernet
- USB: 8x (2 front, 6 back)
- Aditional GPU: NVIDIA GTX 550 TI
- Software 1: Windows 7 Pro 64bit (like, a legit version dude)
- Software 2: Ubuntu 16.04 LTM
(Note: there are a couple SATA-like ports beneath the hard drives, but these are actually SAS ports. In theory they are compatible with SATA drives, but being SAS ports they have their own controller and this requires additional drivers, at least in Windows and Linux. Keep this in mind when installing/changing hard drives. The three leftmost SATA ports, labeled SATA-n (n = [0,1,2]) are regular SATA ports.)
Though i am getting the machine regardless, donations are always welcome! The cost for the workstation is 333 euro.
Additionally i am putting a extra 320GB HDD and a Nvidia GTX 550 TI from myself in the machine to beef it up. (Remove this once the 550TI is actually in the system :P)