|Members||Vicarious, Coolepascal, Prodigity, Da Syntax, xopr, stuiterveer|
|Description||HackerSpace Status API|
|No project picture! Fill in form Picture or Upload a jpeg here|
Expose hackerspace information via a JSON structure. See spaceapi.net for details.
The current backend has been made modular for easy maintenance and feature expansion. The first implemented expansion is temperature sensors.
Currently, both the new and old system are running in parallel, but some things need to be done before deprecating the old system.
- Update the ackspace.nl/spacestate.php 'widget' which was used on hackerspaces.nl (determine whether to update it with the new API or make it deprecated on the whole)
ackspace.nl/status.phpnow gives a 301 - moved permanently, which is needed because spaceapi.net is outdated (most up to date is the lausanne directory
Several systems are tied to the backend:
|Space state (switch)||hardware||Space state (telephone system)||software|
|ESP8266-SpaceState||hardware, firmware||Spacestate indicator /!\||hardware, firmware|
|Spacestate sensors /!\||hardware, firmware||Mobile Spacestate Indicator||hardware, firmware, software|
|Pebble watch app||software|
Affiliated github repositories:
- spaceAPI: backend
- SpaceAPIBot: Telegram bot output
- esp8266-SpaceAPI: modular implementation on ESP8266 (input/output)
- ESP8266-DS18S20: old sensor implementation (pull mechanism)
- upload database model
- update the Dallas temperature probe and space state firmware (esp8266-SpaceAPI Github repo)
- created database for space state (log) and sensor values
- new php code online (currently running parallel with the old version)
- created new space state hardware interface using the ESP8266 which connects to the same old switch
First draft after recovery esp8266-SpaceAPI-full.tarNote that the used JSON parser library will cause heap corruption.
- front page widget is now a real widget
- php backend source online
- Updated JSON object to become SpaceAPI 0.13 compliant (see status.php)
- Content type and Cache-Control headers are now sent
- Now uses location object
- Now uses state object
- Space state now has a third state; null. (In case of uncertain state)
- Uploaded it to
ackspace.nl/status.phpbut the URL can be changed if necessary..
- Added the JSON object to the existing Space state PHP script. Thanks CoolePascal for the help with the PHP stuff!