Science Hack Day 2013
|Event: Science Hack Day 2013|
|Location:||Discovery Center Continium, Kerkrade, the Netherlands|
|Short description:||Science Hack Day Euregion is an all-day-all-night event that brings together inquisitive and creative minds to one place: 25 & 26 May in Continium Kerkrade|
Dont forget to subscribe yourself at http://www.continium.nl/hackday/subscribers/
Hint: add yourself by typing:
- In an attempt to make this weekend not only about software, but also cover some of the other activities our hackerspace stands for, I want to make an analog front end for EEG interfacing. I have been mailing with MedCaT Supllies who sells the BraiNet EEG cap. This is an aid for placing multiple EEG elektrodes in the best place for picking up EEG signals. These elektrodes must be fed into an amplifier circuit, which can amplify the brain generated wave signals (1.3Hz - 60Hz), and filter out the obvious noise signals (50Hz line frequency). The EEG signals can be processed using a microcontroller, and maybe we can output to the computer, or other sorts of audiovisual devices.
Things to bring:
Want to know what happens when you put scientists and hackers together in the same physical space for a brief but intense period of collaboration, hacking and building? Come and find out at the Science Hack Day Meuse-Rhine Euregion on May 25 and 26, 2013 in Discovery Center Continium in Kerkrade, the Netherlands.
Bring a group of designers, developers, scientists and other “nerds” together in one room for 48 hours… and what do you get? No one knows but one thing is for sure, very cool stuff will happen during this intensive and cross border cooperation.
This Science Hack Day’s theme consists of three keywords “Brain – Machine – Interface”. Three words which can be put in any random order:
- Brain – Machine – Interface
- Interface – Brain – Machine
- Machine – Interface – Brain
Explore the field of communication pathways between brain and an external device and create new ideas together with other interested people. Besides providing for ICT applications, Continium offers all facilities for the creation of physical objects. Think of clothing which can react on your mood or a cap that expresses the way you feel. Final results can be ideas, plans, products, applications, software, etc. Anyone can participate. If you’re a coder, designer, scientist, maker or simply an enthusiastic person with good ideas. It’s interactive, it’s fun, it’s educational, it’s hands-on, it’s full with computer stuff and above all: it’s free! You just have to form a group of people with you will work together during the event. This group formation can also be done during the check-in.
Saturday May 25th:
- 09:30-10:00: Check-in & coffee/tea
- 10:00: Welcome
- 10:45: Hacking begins!
- 10:45: Lightning Talks
- 12:45: Lunch!
- 18:45: Dinner!
- Late night: Spend the night in the venue or stay at home/hotel/camping
Sunday May 26th:
- 09:00: Breakfast!
- 12:30: Lunch!
- 13:37 Hacking stops
- 13:37-14:30: Upload/prepare demos
- 14:50: Hack demos begin! (open to the public)
- 17.00: Winning teams award ceremony
- 18:00: Go home and rest
On Sunday 26th, three lectures about Brain-Machine-Interface will be given. These lectures are especially organised for the general public.
At the end of the event a professional jury will select the best and creative ideas/products. There will be multiple categories in which you can win prizes. What these prizes are, will be revealed at a later stage. However, the most important prize will be ‘Eternal Glory’!
The Science Hack Day will be held on May 25 & 26, 2013 in Discovery Center Continium:
Museumplein 2 6461 MA Kerkrade the Netherlands
You can get here by car, train and bus:
Take the exit “Kerkrade-West” and follow the signs “Discovery Center Continium”. There are enough and free parking places.
By train or bus: Continium is located directly near the train-station. There is also a bus stop in front of the museum. For up-to-date travel information check 9292OV
We will try to provide a live stream during the weekend so make sure you bring a hairbrush.
The event is completely free and we will even provide healthy food and drinks for the entire weekend. You can also stay over in Continium, just bring an air mattress and a sleeping bag.