|Start time:||Note: The 4th of August is the day that SHA2017 actually starts but some volunteers go earlier to help set up.|
|Location:|| The Netherlands
"The location is the Scoutinglandgoed in Zeewolde, 55km east of Amsterdam."
|Fee:|| Standard ticket: €250,-
Parking ticket: €42,-
|Short description:||Still Hacking Anyway 2017. Successor of OHM2013.|
Like many other hackerspaces, some of us (ACKspace) are also going to attend this conference. It would be awesome to attend the conference as Village:ACKspace.
Some people wish to go earlier then the 4th of August and may want to leave later then the 8th. To make traveling and hauling stuff easier it's probably best if people 'try' to sync their dates. See 'travel plan' and 'bringing stuff' for more info.
There is also a telegram group for people who want to join the village: t.me/ackspace_sha2017
|Name||Attending date||Leaving date||Can drive||Has car||Extra Information|
|xopr||Probably Thursday 3rd||probably Wednesday 9th||Yes||Unlikely|
|Prodigity||Flexible, but not later then the 4th||Flexible, but not earlier then the 8th||Yes||Not sure yet, will update..|
|Roelke||Thursday 3rd||Wednesday 9th||Yes||Yes, with space for a lot of luggage|
|Eagle00789||Yes||Yes with 3 other people including a small ammount of luggage||With my ticket order, i have ordered 1 Table 180*76 and 1 Standard chair|
|Computer1up||Depends on others, due to transportation||Depends on others, due to transportation||And here I'd put my drivers license, if I had one||And here I'd put my car, if I had one||First time|
Parking tickets and gas are expensive so carpooling or public transport seem like the way to go.
There will be a shuttling service from Nijkerk station to the SHA2017 terrain but I'm under the impression that the service will only run from the 4th till the 8th and thus not be of use to people who might want to go earlier / later to help with setting up and breaking down stuff.
Google maps shows that walking from the train station to the SHA terrain could take up to 2 hours which is probably not a fun experience when you're carrying four days worth of camping stuff + random crap.
Seeing as a lot of people went to OHM early I'm going to 'conclude' that carpooling would probably be the best way to travel.
We need to bring stuff.. only not as much stuff as we had with us during OHM because that was full retard and you should never go full retard..
Following the MoSCoW principle:
- power extension cord(1,2)
- long network cable(1)
- common tent(3)
- fire extinguisher(2)
- Barbeque+ gas(2)
- small network cables
- kettle or mess tin(1)
- day0 food and drinks
- toilet paper
- desk phone(1)
- cooling fan(2)
- router (instead of switch)
- water container(1)
- soldering station(2)
- ACKspace flag + blanket(2)
- the whole component stock
Don't forget (individually)
- your own sleeping tent + gear
- stuff you need so you don't get bored (laptop, book)
- sanitary stuff + sun screen
- hat or cap if you plan on 'working' in the sun all day
- DECT phone (PsychiC, you still have xopr's ;)
- all above or a credit card
Add items that you think are valuable, or talk about them on the discussion page.
- 1) xopr will bring/order
- 2) located in ACKspace, someone needs to bring it!
- 3) Roelke will bring/order(?) in consultation with PsychiC and/or Da Syntax
- 4) Eagle00789 will bring/order
historic list (snippets)
- The tent we had @OHM was very nice but it wasn't ours unfortunately and our own party tent died before I even set foot on the terrain... Can we do better this year? :')
- Fridge was very handy, though we do need a big waterproof tent to house it.
- Chairs and tables are available for rent at the event for the modest price of €2,50 and €15,- respectively.
- Club-mate and survival food so we don't immediately need to go shopping day 1
Stuff we need when living in our village:
- drinks (soda, juice and beer)
- food (probably primarily meat; we'll make a list of preferences and demands on-site)
- kitchen roll and/or toilet paper